Monday, October 12, 2009

New piano! Well sortof......

Hallee decided she wanted to start piano lessons. So I decided it was time to get my butt in gear and re-do my piano keys. This was project I knew would take me forever. You first have to take apart the whole piano. (Thanks Keith and Dad!) Then you have to take out each individual key and scrape all the old ivory off. ( That part was the hardest) Then you sand it and pvc glue on a new plastic keytop. Repeat 52 times! Thank goodness 1/4 of the way thru hunting season ended so that Keith could help me! He was so fast and I was so slow! It looks like a whole new piano now and Hallee is on her 2nd week of piano! She's doing so good!! I am so glad she wants to. It's one of my talents that I am so glad that I have. It comes in very handy at times.







This is what the old keys looked like Gross huh!












2 comments:

beck said...

I'm so glad you updated! Happy to see some pictures and all. Love ya, miss ya.

Mama Nita said...

Your piano looks so well kept up with new keys and some finish on the wood. I love it.